Fruits usually contain few calories in comparison to most other types food we eat. Below is a list of lowest calorie fruits we have prepared, to help those who want to lose weight and looking to cut down the amount of calories in their diet. The portion size considered is ‘one cup’ of the given fruit.
1. Apricots : One of the lowest calorie fruits with little over 30 calories. Apricots contain ‘beta-cryptoxanthinm’ which can help reduce risk of colon cancer.
2. Cranberries : Contains only 44 calories per cup. Rich in fiber and has low amounts of sugar.
3. Watermelon : 1 cup of watermelon contains about 45 calories. Contains over 90% of water by weight. The edible rinds of watermelon are sometimes used as a vegetable.
4. Strawberries : One cup of this bright red fruit contains little over 50 calories.
5. Apples : “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away”.. 52 calories per cup.
6. Papaya : Same as above. Contains 52 calories. Papaya is a good remedy for digestive problems. Papaya juice can help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
7. Blackberries : Contains high amounts of fiber, Vitamins C, K and B. Amount of calories is 60 per cup.
8. Pineapple : Considered as a ‘negative calorie fruit’. Has 75 calories.
9. Grapefruit : One of my favorite fruits. 80 calories.
10. Blueberries : Sold as fresh or processed fruit. Contains ‘anthocyanins’ which can help reduce the risk of certain diseases and cancer. A single cup of this fruit has 84 calories.
Above listed can be considered as some of the lowest calorie fruits available.
Table : Calories in popular fruits
|Fruit||Calories (per cup)|