Asparagus and Leek Soup
*1 1/2 lbs chopped fresh asparagus, washed and tough ends removed
*Nonfat cooking spray
*1/2 cup onion, chopped
*1 cup leeks (white part only), washed and chopped
*1/2 cup celery, chopped
*1 small potato, peeled and cubed
*3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
*1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
*Salt and pepper to taste (Nutrition facts calculated without added salt)
1. Spray a skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add asparagus, onions, leeks, celery and potato, then cover and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring occasionally.
Read full article : Low Fat, Low Calorie Asparagus and Leek Soup Recipe
Low Calorie Vegan Pumpkin Pie
With the ingredients listed here, it is almost healthy enough to serve as a dinner dish. Pumpkin pie is not just for Thanksgiving anymore!
To turn it into a dinner dish, reduce the sugar to 1/3 c. or the maple syrup to 1/4 c.
Prep time: 10 min; Total time: 65 min
* 1 pie crust
* 1 15 oz can pumpkin
* 1 tbsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp cloves
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 c sugar or Grade B maple syrup
* 2 tbsp black strap molasses
* 12 oz soy milk, rice milk, or almond milk
* 1/2 c. firm tofu (not silken)
Read full article : Low Calorie Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients you need to make ‘Low Calorie Banana Muffins‘:
* 1-1/4 cup unbleached flour
* 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar – packed
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1 cup mashed bananas – mashed
* 1/4 cup skim milk
* 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
* 1 egg white, whipped
How to make:
Read full article : Low Calorie Banana Muffins Recipe
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup mashed, cooked acorn squash
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
Low-fat cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Cream sugar and margarine at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add mashed squash and egg; beat well.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Then add dry ingredients to the squash mixture, mixing well.
5. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes. Makes 20-25 cake-like cookies.
Looking for low fat and low calorie desserts? It seems that they don’t always go hand-in-hand. If it’s low fat, too much sugar is usually added. If it’s low in calories, no one seems to care about the tremendous amount of fat that is in the recipe. Find here some delicious low-calorie desserts, to tempt the sweetest tooth.
Low calorie Chocolate-Banana Trifle
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 00 minutes
Read full article : Low Calorie Desserts
Having trouble controlling those many snacks during the day? Struggling to stick to your diet for lack of low calorie snacks? Try some of these special low calorie snacks, designed with you and your family’s health in mind.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
3 tablespoons light or regular mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fat free sour cream
3 tablespoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs (panko crumbs can be substituted)
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 can (6 1/2 ounces) crabmeat (or 1 cup fresh crabmeat), rinsed and drained well
Dash or two Tabasco
Black pepper to taste
18 medium sized mushrooms, stems removed
Read full article : Low Calorie Snacks
Low-calorie recipes for muffins are hard to come by, but here are some low calorie muffin recipes that will hopefully inspire you to greater culinary delights.
Low Calorie Muffins
Low calorie bran muffins
Stir together and set aside:
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Sugar
Stir and let stand 1 or 2 minutes:
2 1/2 c. bran flakes cereal
1 1/4 c. skim milk or water
Add to bran mixture and beat well:
2 tbsp. Oil
Read full article : Low Calorie Muffins
Crushed that you can’t enjoy that favorite cake of yours anymore because it has too many calories? Looking for some low calorie cake recipes? Try some of these low fat, low carb and low calorie cake recipes that taste just as good but without the carbs.
Low-calorie sponge cake
1/2 c. reconstituted nonfat dry milk
1 c. sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1.Heat milk in small saucepan, until bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat; set aside.
Read full article : Low Calorie Cake Recipes